Wedding Ring Shopping Guide
Before anyone pops the question, it’s a good idea to provide some subtle hints at what kind of ring you might enjoy having for the rest of your life. If you don’t, you may end up wearing a style of ring that doesn’t suit your personality or chic inner vibe.
In the past, buying a wedding ring was as simple as going to a jewelry store and picking one out. But with so many different ring styles available, it can be hard to find the right one. In this article, we’ll help you navigate through all those options and choose the perfect ring for you or your loved one.
Knowing Your Diamond Ring: The 4 C’s
The first and most important decision you’ll make is picking out what kind of diamond you want. The 4 C’s are the main factors in determining how much something will cost you.
- Color: As a general rule, whiter diamonds (less color) are most expensive. Color grading starts at D, as A is completely colorless.
- Clarity: The higher clarity grade a diamond has, the less flaws. Professional jewelers look through 10X magnification to determine a flawless stone from a flawed one.
- Carat: This is a unit of measurement for diamonds and most other gemstones. The weight of a stone affects both its size and price.
- Cut: This is the most important factor when determining a diamond’s sparkle and brilliance. It refers to how well a diamond reflects light, with the ideal being proportionately cut for maximum light reflection. If you want a ring that truly shines, it’s best to find one with the highest cut grade.
Caring for Your Diamond Ring
Here are some tips to help you maintain the appearance of your ring for years to come!
- Always store your ring in a box or soft cloth, so it doesn’t get scratched by other items.
- Remove your ring whenever you’re doing something that might damage it, like cooking or cleaning with harsh chemicals.
- Never wear your ring around water, as this can cause the metal and prongs to weaken.
- So now that you know the basics about diamonds, it’s time to pick out the perfect ring! Here are some of the most popular wedding ring types for 2022.
Oval Engagement Rings
Everyone’s heard of the traditional round diamond ring. But oval engagement rings are becoming more popular. Oval cut diamonds offer a unique look that works best with center stones of one carat or less. The ovals can be either step-cut for an older style of stone, or brilliant cut for a more modern look. The oval shape allows for a larger central stone, while also offering the same amount of side stones as a round diamond ring.
Moissanite Engagement Rings
If you’re looking to go budget-friendly on your new ring, then moissanite is the way to go! Moissanites are a more affordable version of diamonds that are just as beautiful. They have a color grade of near-colorless, so they’re almost indistinguishable from true diamonds. Unlike real diamonds, moissanites are created in labs and don’t require mining.
As an added perk for eco-conscious consumers, moissanite engagement ring production doesn’t require harmful chemicals, and their exceptional hardness makes them difficult to destroy.
Rose Gold Engagement Rings
If you want a ring that’s simple and elegant, then rose gold is the best choice. This color of gold has been around for centuries, but it’s becoming more popular in today’s market. Rose gold rings are most often made with a 14kt or 10kt base metal.
Princess-Cut Diamond Engagement Rings
Last but not least, princess cut diamonds are all the rage in the wedding jewelry market. They’ve become especially popular in 2020 and 2021 because of the standout shape they give the stones. Princess-cut diamonds are great for side stones because of their symmetrical design and brilliance.
Cushion Cut Engagement Rings
Cushion cut diamonds have a unique appearance that gives your ring the perfect amount of shape and personality. This is a great choice for people looking to add some texture to their diamond engagement rings, but don’t want something too over-the-top. A cushion cut stone will have rounded corners, while also being less deep than a marquise cut stone. Cushion cut diamonds are great for center stones because they offer a good balance between size, sparkle, and affordability.
Unique Engagement Rings
Whether you prefer diamonds or moissanites, a ring with bling is always a good option. But if you’re looking for something truly unique and rare, consider buying an engagement ring with colored stones. Emeralds, rubies, and sapphires are all popular choices. Because they’re created without heat, these stones are more affordable than traditional diamonds. They’re also perfect for people who want their rings to reflect their personal style.
So now that you know everything there is to know about wedding bling, it’s time to go shopping! Don’t forget to contact J&J Tent and Party Rentals for all your wedding tent needs. We have a wide selection of wedding tents to choose from, and we’re sure you’ll find the perfect one for your big day. Contact us or call today at (919) 977-3691 to get started.
Want to learn more wedding tips? Check out these related blog articles: