Keeping Your Guests Happy During A Pandemic
At the beginning of the COVID-19 outbreak, many couples decided to cancel or postpone their wedding due to safety regulations and protocols. However, now that 2020 is finally behind us, weddings are back in full force…but they look a little different!
Many couples have decided to have a microwedding or Zoom wedding and because of this, the guests list is much smaller and some guests are being asked to attend the wedding virtually. With this new “norm” there comes a bigger focus on making sure your guests are happy and taken care of no matter where they are viewing the ceremony.
One way to take care of your remote guests and keep them engaged with the ceremony is to treat them to a mini cake. These delicious treats can make your guests feel involved as they enjoy them in a remote location. Here are some add-on ideas for these scrumptious treats:
- Ribbons are great for adding a bold pop to these desserts
- For a cutesy style, bows are the perfect way to top your mini cakes
- If you’re feeling fancy, you can have pearls added as conservative décor
- Flowers can liven and brighten up your cakes
- Initials can be a great way to show the love of you and your spouse-to-be
- Not so sure about any of the above? Cookies or other sweet garnishes also make great toppings
What can lift your guests’ spirits better than *you guessed it* spirits? This is a fun, interactive way to keep attendees engaged as they put their bartending skills to the test. Sidebar—those who do not consume alcohol can make mocktails 😉. Here are a few things your drink kits might include:
- With each drink kit, make sure you include a recipe card
- Once you decide your base drink of choice, find a a mini bottle (or mason jar) of the liquor to place in your kit
- Be sure to add some cocktail syrup for additional flavor
- Put a mini mixer like club soda, tonic, etc with your ingredients too
- Don’t forget to add a fruit to serve as the garnish
- Grab festive straws or mini umbrellas to add zing to things
- Last, but definitely not least, grab a cute basket or container for the ingredients
Are you and your partner looking to send something special to show your guests you’re thinking of them? Celebration boxes might be your go-to! These delightful party favors can be filled with all kinds of goodies—the options and variations are limitless. You can even add some chic (budget-worthy) décor to the box itself.
- Honey and teas
- Artisan soaps
- Perfume and cologne
- Signature popcorn, macarons, truffles, and/or so on
- Coffee beans/grinds
- Flower/plant seeds
Planning a Zoom Wedding?
If you are planning on hosting your wedding outdoors to slow the spread of the coronavirus, J&J Tent and Party Rentals has you covered! Beyond tents, our inventory is filled with audio equipment, tables, chairs, linens, dance stages, lighting, heating equipment, and so on. Give us a call today at (919)-977-3691 to learn more about how J&J Tent and Party Rentals can serve you unlike any other tent and party rental company.