What Is It? Should I Have One?
Planning a wedding is a big deal and a sizable financial investment. With the average person spending well over $30,000 on a wedding, it is easy to see why couples are choosing to wed in smaller, more intimate celebrations such as “microweddings.”
What is a microwedding?
A microwedding, as the name suggests, is a smaller, pared-down version of a regular wedding with no more than 50 guests. Essentially, it is a smaller-scale wedding that still honors the traditional aspect of a wedding but does so with your nearest and dearest family and friends. A microwedding is a way for people to keep the classic elements of a wedding but with a smaller guest list and in a much more meaningful, intimate, and peaceful manner. Think of it as a cross between an elopement and a traditional wedding where you keep the best of both worlds intact.
Cost Savings but Not Cheaping Out
A microwedding can be a great way to save money, but that doesn’t mean you have to cut corners on all aspects of your special day. Take into consideration the location, budget, and overall feel of your wedding day, and think about how you can make that work with a considerably smaller guest list. Splurge on the items you feel are most important and cut costs where it is applicable; remember to create an intimate wedding environment that will suit a smaller wedding guest list but be memorable and entertaining.
Is a Micro-wedding Right for You?
A microwedding can look differently depending on what vibe you are going for on your wedding day. A microwedding can be a destination wedding with a smaller guest list or an intimate ceremony where the couple spends more time together with their friends and family. Ultimately, a microwedding is for the couple who wants to spend time and money on the smaller details and intricate feel of the moment.
Benefits of a Microwedding
There are numerous reasons to have a microwedding, but to narrow it down, here is a list of potential benefits
You get the spirit of an elopement while being surrounded by family and friends
- With less to do, you can create a manageable timeline and stick with it
- Spend quality time with guests with a much more personal, authentic experience
- Limit your carbon footprint and minimize costs
- Spend money on where it matters…food and entertainment
Tips for Planning a Microwedding
Take a look at a few tips for planning a microwedding
- Dive into the guest list and make sure to be realistic about who can and cannot attend the celebration.
- Create a list of your traditional wedding “Must Haves” and don’t waver from those ideas
- Plan to make your ceremony more personal and spiritual with your intimate wedding guest list
- Focus on the quality of food options and entertainment
- Release the pressure to entertain your guests and just “be”…spend time with each person and enjoy the moment
- Let go of your preconceived notions about weddings and create an environment that is intimate and inviting
Need Help with Your Microwedding?
A wedding tent rental is ideal for making a microwedding ceremony and reception an elegant affair. J&J Tent and Party Rentals have everything you need for the perfect wedding day. With tents rentals, linens, lighting, tables, chairs, audio equipment, dance stages, and more, we are your one-stop-shop for all things wedding. Give us a call today at (919) 977-3691 to learn more about our selection of wedding tents of all sizes along with heating equipment.
Want to learn more about planning your dream wedding? Check out these blog articles: